Wednesday, 2 August 2017

China Still Indecisive over Ban on Masood Azhar

China's stereotypical attitude on Jaish-e-Muhammad  chieftain Masood Azhar continues. The neighboring country, which claims to fight terrorism, has not yet made any decision to ban Masood. Chinese Foreign Ministry said that the decision will be taken when the time comes. India is constantly trying to put the the Jaish chieftain on the list of global terrorists, but China has been preventing the proposal presented in the UN Security Council to some extent. At the end of this month, the proposal is expected to be presented before the Council for review again.

The United States, Britain and France presented a proposal to the Anti-Terrorism Committee (1267) of the Security Council to blacklist the miscreants. China has banned for six months on a technical basis at the beginning of the year. This period is about to end soon. Therefore, it is likely to be re-submitted to the committee in the end in August. In such a situation, China has talked about deciding on time. The Ministry of External Affairs said that China has clarified its position several times before the UN Committee. While making the basis of not becoming a consensus, Beijing has been consistently failing to end the efforts of the Beijing Masood.



India had proposed a proposal against Masood Azhar in March last year. The terrorist who operated terror activities from Pakistan has been accused of plotting the Pathankot attack. China initially stopped it for six months. Later on technological basis, it was stalled for another three months. This period was completed on December 31. This year the proposal was presented on behalf of the United States, Britain and France. China had vetoed it. The 14 countries of the 15-member Security Council supported the Indian proposal.

0 comments:

Post a Comment